My mind doesn’t seem to be able to hold on to thoughts for very long these days. I want to blame the Venti Non-fat Cinnamon Dolce Latte I had today, or the less then pleasant experiences of the past couple of weeks, or planetary alignment. But, I know, in my heart of hearts, that it is just how I get sometimes (although all of the previously mentioned things can’t be helping) When faced with this kind of “mood” I like to make lists. Here is a list of the things that are on heavy rotation in my brain right now:
- I need to get out of town and go somewhere new FAST! Barbados, Paris (France, Texas OR Tennessee would be fine) Boston, Frankort KY, wherever….just somewhere I’ve never been.
- I need to make out with a boy. Soon. I have some people in mind. Is it a sign of a good kisser when you haven’t kissed someone in months, but you can close your eyes and go right back to that last kiss and it makes your stomach flip and your lips tingle?
- The “Rockstar Casual” dress code for the upcoming agency anniversary party has me stumped. There is a part of me that wants to go super fabulous, but then again, how much attention do I want? I WILL be wearing fake eyelashes and some sweet shoes…the rest is a mystery.
- I have ideas for a few paintings, but I can’t seem to get my happy ass to the art supply store to get canvas. WTF?
- Book 4 of Harry Potter is still haunting me. Haunting me because I haven’t finished it. I think I will go buy books 5 & 6 tonight as inspiration.
- My cough is still lingering. It’s not as bad and is a totally different cough then it had been, but still annoying.
- I worry about the holidays this year…I think it will be hard for my Dad.
- My house needs to be cleaned. Parts are clean, but for the life of me, I don’t seem to be able to get the whole thing clean at the same time!
- Karl Dean is the new mayor of Nashville. While he would be my second choice, I can’t say anything since I didn’t vote. And NO my first choice was NOT Bob Clement!
- It is finally nice outside. It was actually COOL outside this morning. I left the windows open last night…..YIPPEEE!
- I miss my Grandma at odd times. The picture I have of her on my desk makes me smile….and then frown.
- My job no longer feels like my “new” job. I feel at home here, happy here, appreciated here. Things are good in my career world…..something that was not even close to true a year ago this time.
- Two weeks from Saturday is the Reckless Kelly show….and I CANNOT WAIT!!! I love those boys so much and always have so much fun with them I can’t stand it!
- Mindy Smith’s song “Peace of Mind” is a song I can relate to completely. There isn’t a thought or word in it that doesn’t ring true for me most of the time. I love her and all her craziness!!
- I’m so excited to be going to Peter’s for sushi tonight. My mouth waters at the thought. YUMMMMM.
- The issue of sexuality has been on my mind a lot lately. I truly believe that we are born either hetero or homosexual—or bi-sexual (but I think that happens much less then some would lead you to believe) To think that someone would CHOOSE to be attracted to a particular gender is silly. All of the gay people I know remember being young and being attracted to the same gender. They also remember it being wrong. That makes me sad. How can a societal attitude permeate so strongly that even before it’s ever really discussed, a person can feel “wrong” about how they feel about something, ANYTHING.
- I need new panties!
- I have decided on my next tattoo and I want it NOW! I wonder how people will react to it at work, but I don’t think it will be bad.
Well, I guess that is all for now. I already feel more focused now that I’ve cleaned my mind of those thoughts. They are still in there…but a bit more organized and laid back now.