It became apparent to me the other day that I have quite a number of married girlfriends and that they are all happily married….go figure. These ladies are a wealth of knowledge for a single gal like me. Here is a sampling of things I have learned about marriage from them:
- Being married doesn’t mean you aren’t allowed to go out without your husband.
- Husbands don’t automatically take out the trash.
- It’s possible to have a crush on your husband and that’s pretty awesome I think 🙂
- Boy craziness doesn’t stop once you say “I Do.”
- The differences you have with your spouse make the relationship even stronger.
- Sometimes husbands come with great guy friends, it’s like a Clinique gift with purchase!
- Having different interests is ok….adviseable I would say.
- Husbands tend to think it’s cool when another guy hits on their wife….but they don’t encourage it.
- The marriages where disagreeing on things is ok and doesn’t lead to huge fights and hurt feelings are the strongest.
- Being mad at your husband doesn’t mean you love him any less.
- The way a husband looks at his wife when they are in public is priceless…and a wonderful/horrible thing for a single gal to see.
- There are some things you simply can’t share with your husband…and he knows that.
- Marriages aren’t about weddings, they are about random Tuesdays.
- Silly little habits can be both annoying and adorable within the framework of a marriage.
- Knowing that you have a date for events is a good thing.
I’m sure there are other things, but these are what I can come up with right now. I’m still not sure I want to get married…well, that’s a lie, I want to get married but I’m still not sure I will. I know this though, my husband will have great friends and I will have a crush on him, a stupid, unexplainable, embarassing crush.